Monday, September 14, 2009

Dismental

i swear i've heard your name
a thousand times before
lost in echoing depths of my mind
empty decks of ocean beached upon the shore

rumbling like distant thunder
i cry like the rain
the stranger is me

running on shallow empty
twilight of faded memories
coming back to haunt me
in places i've never known before

im one of the many faces
hidden behind masks
faces of safe contempt in large crowds
lost in a sea of my own confusion
you would see me as ordinary
i would see me as gone

but there was never an honest word
seas of faces and crowded images
sandy features and messed up paint
dripping from side to side with wetness
from the flooding rain of my memory
erasing you, others, everyone, me
away, away
away from this room in my soul
disfiguring names and faces
configuring emptiness

bright city lights
they surround me
i slowly learn how to breathe

I wake up.

No comments: