Thursday, September 20, 2007

Black Fatigue

splinters and shadows
leaping and flying across the walls
and the fire jumps from its place

darkness piles up from wall to wall
and the fire crackles gleefully
and in the middle of nowhere

but im not scared, just tired
tired of thinking
tired of battles
tired of me

untiold wars just go on day to day
it could be in broad daylight
some in the coldest nights
some in my silent heart
the rest in my raging soul

and im not scared, but tired

maybe? the word creeps through the cracks of the wall
into my head
"maybe" i whisper in reply
afraid to hear my own voice
the word trails off into the distance

jaws set tight
i put out the fire
take my bag
set my back on this place forever

and ever

i dont understand
im not scared, maybe tired
tired...
or maybe tired?

No comments: