Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bright Lights

last night, i walked by a house
with colourful lights.
the lights blinded me
with such familiarity
i could just stop and notice.

the world is constantly moving.
i know this from past experiences.
but sometimes, just certain things
carry you up, bring you around
to the place that made you now.

last night, i walked by a house
with colourful lights.
the lights blinded me
but i couldnt help but notice
waves crashing along the shoreline
as i walked hand in hand
with you
naming the stars of the southern cross.

the very next day
i walked to the beach
and drew my name on the sand.
the waves came dutifully
and washed the lines away.
i stared for a minute
at the fading twilight
as i slowly trudged back
alone, alone in my thoughts.

that night, i passed a house
with the brightest lights i'd seen
and i thought to myself
that maybe, just maybe
one day
i would find a house for myself
to call home.

No comments: