Friday, May 20, 2011

Children

alone to my thoughts again.
let me pen it down for you.
june twenty-second.
how does it feel?

lost, maybe, dazed, confused in a state
of sadness and frustration
what do - did - i really want?
nope. i dont think i knew back then.

or even now. so help me.
am i not capable of thinking for myself?
how did my words escape me?

lets start all over again.
pen this down all over again.
june twenty-fourth.
a month and a half of a gaping wound.
i never thought i'd see this through.
i expected much worse, yes,

but i feel much worse than i thought.
people come and go, i am well aware
but i cant seem to find you anymore.

a sea of people, they all say?
maybe that's how confusion comes about.
left aside a cold stone for both of us.
life's that way, people take, people go.
and people come in between.

june twenty-nineth.
where have you gone?
my mind's out cold, i've waited for you.
you were the world to me.
well, i guess you're gone.

see, love is a strange thing.
i know i could learn to love you right.
but i love you too much to try again.

one day, we'll look back at this
and realise how childish we really are.

No comments: