Saturday, August 18, 2007

Black Queen of Hearts

life is a clock
we can reverse time
to undo our wrongs

and for that, life's perfect

until the day the clock stops
it is at midnight

but time still goes on
without the clock
we can't reverse time anymore

life was once a clock

before the clock stopped
i briefly remember playing a card game
i had cheated

the last card i had touched
was the black queen of hearts
i had won the game

but not the battle of mind

when life was a clock
i didn't bother going back
correcting my mistakes
i always thought i could reverse time
anytime i wanted

but i was wrong

and it was 11.45pm
i made up my mind

i was about to reverse my life
when the clock striked 12pm
i couldn't go back

i never corrected my card game
and i never touched the black queen of hearts
ever again

that was my last mistake
before the clock stopped
something which time can't heal

No comments: