Saturday, August 25, 2007

False/Gone

i can't believe you're really gone
all that false hope you gave me

i really try to say
i won't fall back to you
but it's really hard
to see you walk away into the rain

you told me you were the liar
but what am i?
im lying to myself here
and after the smoke clears
you'd still be away

i can't believe you're really gone
without you im just passing time
i can't look for answers in my bed
my heart has begun to sound hollow

and maybe when i see the light at the end of the road
i could move on
but you just keep me from moving on
one minute appearing, saying you would be staying
and the next say you've gotta leave

and i can't believe you've just left
just when the grey skies were clearing
now im lost on my own
with no one to fall back on

you are gone
the false pretense is over
but our memories haunt me
once i touch them
they burst open with you

i can't believe you're gone

(this is actually meant to be a song, so some phrases are repeated many times. still working on the tune)

No comments: