Tuesday, August 14, 2007

From Grey to White

and what if
the sun didn't come out today
would i still see you
the way i do now?
or would you just be my shadow?

and what if
all of us wore masks
and even if i knew you
inside out
would i still see you the way i do now?
or would i just see your mask?

and if we could only look at a person
from the back
would my view of your back
be different from the front?
or will i just see another you?

or maybe one day
when i look back and see my shadow is gone
would i see you behind me blocking the sun?

and if you were to see me
just across from the room
would i be the same
if you looked at me up close?

and maybe if the moon comes crashing down on us
we would still see each other
but our faces would be taunt with terror
trying to run away from the disaster

and now im looking at you and you at me
the faces we know so well
will there ever come a day
you won't recognise me anymore?

No comments: